2022 GMHC Call for Panels & Papers
Co-Organized by the Academy of Mobility Humanities (Konkuk University), the Centre for Advanced Studies in Mobility & Humanities, DiSSGeA (University of Padua), and the Centre for the GeoHumanities (Royal Holloway University of London)
This year’s theme :
"Mobility, Infrastructure, and the Humanities"
Conference dates :
28th – 29th October 2022
We invite proposals for panels or individual papers for 2022 GMHC. We welcome submissions of individual papers and panels for this global conference. See below for more details or refer to the PDF document and the application forms at the end of this page.
Topics may include but are not limited to :
1. Philosophies of Mobility Infrastructures
2. Infrastructural Reading of Literary and Cultural Texts
3. Infrastructures of Knowledge Circulation and the Mobility of Things
4. Visibilities and Invisibilities of Mobility Infrastructures
5. Bodies, Practices and Social Infrastructures?
6. Creative Responses and Approaches to Mobility Infrastructure
/Creative Practices as Mobility Infrastructure
7. Coming Community and Mobility Infrastructure Ethics
8. Mobility Infrastructure Justice
9. Histories of infrastructures
10. Emotions and Affects of Mobility Infrastructure
11. Cultural infrastructures from antiquity to the future
12. Failing or fracturing mobility infrastructures
13. Other Related Issues
For panels composed of four or more presenters :
- 200-word outline of the theme of the whole panel
- 200-word abstracts of each paper
- details of each present and (if any) co-authors
- application form for panels (available at the bottom of this page)
For individual papers :
- 200-word abstract of the paper
- details of the presenter and (if any) co-authors
- application form for individual papers (available at the bottom of this page)
All panel and paper submissions must be in English.
Submissions in languages other than English will not be considered.
* Everything should be submitted via email to the Organizing Committee
( GMHC2022@gmail.com ) by 31st May, 2022 *
Paper & panel submission deadline :
31st May, 2022
Selection decision made by :
30th June, 2022
All submissions will receive an acknowledgement. Any submission received after the deadline will not normally be considered for presentation. All panel and individual paper proposals will be reviewed by two members of the Organizing Committee of 2022 GMHC. We will contact you at the end of June 2022 to inform you as to whether your panel/paper has been accepted.
Please note that, by being accepted to this conference, your abstract will be automatically considered to be included in the GMHC’s conference proceedings in due course. Please email the Organizing Committee of 2022 GMHC (GMHC2022@gmail.com) with the subject heading “2022 GMHC Inquiry” if you have any questions and concerns.
The Organizing Committee: Tania Rossetto, Andrea Caracausi, Giada Peterle, and Laura Lo Presti from University of Padua; Veronica Della Dora, Sasha Engelmann, Simone Gigliotti, Harriet Hawkins, and Peter Adey from Royal Holloway University of London; Inseop Shin, Jooyoung Kim, Taehee Kim, and Jinhyoung Lee from Konkuk University
You can find all of the above information in the following PDF file :
Please fill in either of these application forms and send with the rest of your application files :